Steve 的个人资料GentlePunk照片日志列表更多 工具 帮助
4月16日

Seinfeld S2 EP02

1991年1月30日
第二季第二集
小马驹儿
Plot summary for "Seinfeld" The Pony Remark
Jerry fears that an inappropriate comment he made at a dinner party caused his relative's subsequent death.
情节概要:
杰瑞害怕由于他在一次晚宴上的不恰当言论导致了一个亲戚的亡故。
[Setting: Night club]
(场景:俱乐部)
JERRY: My parents live in Florida now. They moved there last year. They didn't want to move to Floriday, but they're in their sixties, and that's the law. You know how it works. They got the leisure police. They pull up in front of the old people's house with a golf cart, jump out, "Let's go Pop, white belt, white pants, white shoes, get in the back. Drop the snow shovel right there, drop it!" I am not much for the family gathering. You know, you sit there, and the conversation's so boring. It's so dull. And you start to fantasize. You know, you think, what if I just got up and jumped out that window? What would it be like? Just crashed right through the glass.. You know. Come back in, there's broken glass, everybody's all upset. "No, I'm alright. I was just a little bored, there. No, I'm fine. I came back. I wanted to hear a little about that Hummel collection, Aunt Rose. Let's pick it up right there."
杰瑞:我父母现在住在佛罗里达。他们去年搬过去的。他们并不想搬过去,但是他们都60了,这就好像自然法则一样。你知道这是咋回事。他们有的警察都充满闲情逸致。他们会开着高尔夫球场的小车停在老人们的屋前,跳出来说“我们走吧,去打球,穿戴整齐了,上车。丢下雪铲,丢下它。”我不是个很喜欢家庭聚会的人,傻傻的坐在那里,都是些无聊的对话,太无趣了。你只能开始做白日梦。比如,如果我刚起来从窗口跳出去会怎样?撞得慢地碎玻璃……醒醒,回过神来,大家都很不安。“不,没事,我只是有点无论了,没事,我不要紧的。我想了解一点Hummel产品,罗斯婶婶怎么样了?我们把那些捡起来吧。”
[Setting: Jerry's apartment]
(场景:杰瑞家)
(Jerry's parents are in town. His father's watching T.V., his mother is ironing his father's jackets)
(杰瑞父母来了,爸爸在看电视,妈妈在熨衣服)
HELEN: (To Morty) You have so many nice jackets. I don't know why you had to bring this jacket. Who wears a jacket like this? (He doesn't respond) What's wrong with that nice gray one? You have beautiful clothes. They sit in your closet. Morty, you can't wear - this!
海伦:(对莫蒂)你有那么多漂亮的外套,就弄不明白你为啥带这件过来。居然有人会穿这种衣服!(他不理会)那件灰色的怎么啦?你有漂亮的衣服。它们就待在你的衣柜里,莫蒂,行行好别穿这件啦!
(Phone rings)
(电话铃响)
MORTY: Are you getting that?
莫蒂:你要接吗?
HELEN: I thought you were getting it.
海伦:我以为你要接呢。
MORTY: Should I pick up?
莫蒂:我应该接吗?
HELEN: You want me to get that?
海伦:你想要我接?
MORTY: I'll get it!
莫蒂:好吧,我去接!~
HELEN: I'll get it!
海伦:我来接!
(They both go for the phone, Helen gets to it first)
(他们一起去接电话,海伦先抢到)
HELEN: Hello?.. Hello?
海伦:喂……喂?
(She hangs up. Jerry enters - he's wearing baseball clothes and carrying a bat and glove)
(她挂断,杰瑞进——他穿着棒球衫,带着球棒和手套)
JERRY: (Talking about the loud T.V.) Would you make this thing lower! I can hear it on the street! (Turns it off)
杰瑞:(说到电视声响太大)麻烦您小声点行不!我在大街上都能听到!(关了)
MORTY: So, how'd you do?
莫蒂:你们比得如何?
JERRY: We won. I made an incredible play in the field! There was a tag-up at third base and I threw the guy out from left field on a fly! We'll be in the championship game Wednesday because of me. It was the single greatest moment of my life.
杰瑞:我们赢了。我打得极为出色。三垒那儿有个触杀,我扔了个高球把他振出局了。全靠有我,我们队挺进了周三的决赛。这真是我人生中最辉煌的时刻啊。
HELEN: This is your greatest moment? A game?
海伦:这是你的辉煌一刻?一场球?
JERRY: Well, no. Sharon Besser, of course.
杰瑞:当然不是,莎朗.贝斯儿,当然。
MORTY: You know what my greatest moment was, don't you? 1946. I went to work for Harry Flemming and I came up with the idea for the beltless trench coat.
莫蒂:你知道我的辉煌时刻是啥?1946年,我为哈利.弗莱明工作的时候,想出来束腰风衣的点子。
HELEN: Jerry, look at this sport jacket. Is this a jacket to wear to an anniversary party?
海伦:杰瑞,看看这件运动夹克,这种衣服也能穿到庆典派对上面?
JERRY: Well, the man's an individualist. He worked for Harry Flemming. He knows what he's doing.
杰瑞:好吧,这位老兄是个人主义者,他为哈利工作过,他知道他在干啥。
HELEN: But it's their 50th anniversary.
海伦:但是这可是人家的50周年纪念日。
MORTY: You know, I spoke to Manya and Isaac on the phone today. They invited you again. I think you should go.
莫蒂:你知道嘛,我今天和曼雅还有伊萨克通过电话,他们又邀请你了,我想你还是去吧。
JERRY: First of all, I made plans with Elaine.
杰瑞:首先,我和依莲有约。
HELEN: So bring her.
海伦:那就带上她呗。
JERRY: I don't even know them. What is she, your second cousin? I mean, I've met them three times in my life.
杰瑞:我都不认识他们。她是什么来头,你的表表亲?我是说,总共也就见面过三次。
MORTY: I don't know her either. (Gesturing to Helen) She makes me fly all the way from Floriday for this, and then she criticizes my jacket.
莫蒂:我也不认识她呀。(对海伦示意)她要我从佛罗里达大老远的飞过来,就为了数落我的夹克。
HELEN: At least come and say hello, have a cup of coffee, then you'll leave.
海伦:至少过去问个好嘛,喝杯咖啡啥的,你就可以闪了。
MORTY: How come he gets to leave?
莫蒂:他为什么可以走?
JERRY: If I wind up sitting nest to Uncle Leo, I am leaving. He's always grabbing my arm when he talks to me. I guess it's because so many people have left in the middle of his conversation.
杰瑞:要是我还是被安排坐在里奥叔旁边,我就走。他说话时,总是抓紧我的胳膊。我想可能是因为人们总是想逃避和他聊天。
MORTY: And it's always about Jeffrey, right?
莫蒂:那些废话总是关于杰弗瑞对吧?
JERRY: Hey, he talks about him like he split the atom. The kid works for the Parks Department.
杰瑞:没错,他说起杰弗瑞来就好像那家伙分离了原子一样,这伙计只不过是在公园工作而已。
(Enter Kramer)
(克雷默进)
KRAMER: Morty, are you coming in?
克雷默:莫蒂,你要过来吗?
MORTY: Oh, yeah. I forgot all about it.
莫蒂:哦,当然,我差点忘了。
KRAMER: (To Jerry) Hey, how'd you do?
克雷默:(对杰瑞)嗨,你表现如何?
JERRY: We won. We're in the finals on Wednesday..
杰瑞:我们赢了,周三决赛日。
KRAMER: Yeah!
克雷默:好耶!
JERRY: (To Kramer and Morty) What is this about?
杰瑞:(对克雷默和莫蒂)你们在搞什么?
KRAMER: I'm completely changing the configuration of the apartment. You're not gonna believe it when you see it. A whole new lifestyle.
克雷默:这将彻底改变公寓的结构。当你看到时你会觉得很惊讶。全新的生活方式。
JERRY: What are you doing?
杰瑞:你要干啥?
KRAMER: Levels.
克雷默:台阶。
JERRY: Levels?
杰瑞:台阶?
KRAMER: Yeah, I'm getting rid of all my furniture. All of it. And I'm going to build these different levels, with steps, and it'll all be carpeted with a lot of pillows. You know, like ancient Egypt.
克雷默:是啊,我要处理掉我全部的家具。全部。我要造不同的台阶,全部用枕头铺上。就像古埃及一样。
JERRY: You drew up plans for this?
杰瑞:你为这个还专门设计了计划?
KRAMER: No, no. It's all in my head.
克雷默:不,不,都在我脑子里呢。
MORTY: I don't know how you're going to be comfortable like that.
莫蒂:你觉得这样很舒坦?
KRAMER: Oh, I'll be comfortable.
克雷默:哦,一定会的。
JERRY: When do you intend to do this?
杰瑞:你什么时候开工?
KRAMER: Ohh.. should be done by the end of the month.
克雷默:哦……这个月末就该完工了。
JERRY: You're doing this yourself?
杰瑞:你一个人做?
KRAMER: It's a simple job. Why, you don't think I can?
克雷默:这是个很简单的工作,难道你认为我做不成?
JERRY: Oh, no. It's not that I don't think you can. I know that you can't, and I'm positive that you won't.
杰瑞:哦,不,不是我认为你做不成。是我知道你肯定做不成,我还坚信你不会做。
KRAMER: Well, I got the tools. I got the pillows. All I need is the lumber.
克雷默:哼,我有工具,我有枕头,只需要木材了。
MORTY: Hey, that's some big job.
莫蒂:嗨,那可是大工程。
JERRY: I don't see it happening.
杰瑞:我不认为这会发生。
KRAMER: Well, this time, this time you're wrong. C'mon. I'll even bet you.
克雷默:好吧,我会证明你们错了,好吧,我要打赌。
JERRY: Seriously?
杰瑞:你当真?
HELEN: I dont' want you betting. Morty, don't let him bet.
海伦:我认为你还是别赌,莫蒂,别让他赌。
KRAMER: A big dinner with dessert. But I've got till the end of the month.
克雷默:一次丰盛的晚宴带甜点的。不过我得到月底才能品尝到了。
JERRY: I'll give you a year.
杰瑞:我可以给你一年时间。
KRAMER: No, no, no. End of the month.
克雷默:不用,不,不,就月底。
JERRY: It's a bet. (They both "pinkie swear" to lock the deal)
杰瑞:好吧。(他们完成赌约)
(Scene ends)
[Setting: Manya's apartment]
(场景:曼雅家)
(Jerry sits between Uncle Leo and Elaine. Leo grabs his choulder)
(杰瑞坐在依莲和里奥叔之间,里奥抓住他的肩膀)
JERRY: Seriously, do you wnat to switch chairs?
杰瑞:说真的,你想换个位子吗?
ELAINE: No, no. I'm fine.
依莲:不,不,我没事。
LEO: Jerry, are you listening to this?
里奥:杰瑞,你在听我说吗?
JERRY: Yeah, Uncle Leo.
杰瑞:当然,里奥叔。
LEO: So, so, now the parks commissioner is recommending Jeffrey for a citation.
里奥:那么,那么,公园的长官推荐杰弗瑞作为嘉奖呢。
JERRY: Right. For reducing the pond scum?
杰瑞:是的,因为他减少了池塘里的污渍?
LEO: No, for the walking tours.
里奥:不,因为陪游。
JERRY: Oh, yeah. Where the people eat the plant life - the edible foliage tour.
杰瑞:哦,可不是嘛。人们可以吃植物——可食用叶片之旅。
LEO: That's exactly right. He knows the whole history of the park. For two hours he's talking and answering questions. But you want to know something? Whenever he has a problem with one of these high-powered big shots in the Parks Department, you know who he calls?
里奥:那确实!他对公园的历史了如指掌。连续两小时他介绍着并回答问题。有件事你知道吗?当他和那些公园的高管们有问题的时候你猜他会找谁求助?
JERRY: Mickey Mantle?
杰瑞:米奇.馒头?
ELAINE: (Helping him worm out of the conversation with Leo) Jerry, Jerry. Did you taste these peas? These peas are great!
依莲:(帮助杰瑞离开与里奥的谈话)杰瑞,杰瑞,你吃过这些豆豆吗?超好吃。
JERRY: (Eating a forkful) These peas are bursting with country-fresh flavor.
杰瑞:(吃了一勺)这些豌豆真是……带着田野的芬芳啊!
ELAINE: Mmm.. phenomenal peas..
依莲:嗯……神奇的豌豆……
MORTY: Are you ready for dessert?
莫蒂:你们想吃甜点了吗?
JERRY: Well, actually, we do have to kind of get going.
杰瑞:好啊,实际上,我们貌似要闪了。
MANYA: (Surprised) You're going?
曼雅:(惊奇状)你们要闪?
ELAINE: I don't really eat dessert. I'm dieting.
依莲:我都不怎么吃甜点的,我在节食。
JERRY: Yeah, I can't eat dessert either. The sugar makes my ankles swell up, and I can't dance.
杰瑞:是啊,我也不能吃甜点。糖让我的脚踝膨胀,那样我就不能跳舞了。
MANYA: Can't dance?
曼雅:不能跳舞?
HELEN: He's kidding, Manya.
海伦:他是开玩笑呢,曼雅。
MANYA: Is that a joke?
曼雅:这是个玩笑?
HELEN: (Canging subject) So, did you hear Claire's getting married?
海伦:(转移话题)那么,你听说克莱尔要结婚了吗?
MANYA: Yeah, yeah..
曼雅:是,是的。
HELEN: I hear the fella owns a couple of racehorses. You know, trotters, like at Yonkers.
海伦:我听说这家伙有些赛马。你知道的,快步马,就像在电影里的。
JERRY: Horses. They're like big riding dogs.
杰瑞:马。它们就像是大大的可以骑的狗狗。
ELAINE: What about ponies? What kind of abnormal animal is that? And those kids who had their own ponies..
依莲:那矮种马怎么样?这算是怎样一种变态的动物呀?那些拥有自己的马驹儿的孩子们。
JERRY: I know, I hated those kids. In fact, I hate anyone that ever had a pony when they were growing up.
杰瑞:我知道,我讨厌那种孩子。说实话,我憎恨那些在成长过程中有过马驹儿的人。
MANYA: ..I had a pony.
曼雅:……我有过马驹儿。
(The room is dead quiet)
(一片死寂)
JERRY: ..Well, I didn't really mean a pony, per se.
杰瑞:……好吧,我并不是真的说马驹儿,实际上。
MANYA: (Angry) When I was a little girl in Poland, we all had ponies. My sister had pony, my cousin had pony, ..So, what's wrong with that?
曼雅:(愤怒)当我还是个小姑娘,在波兰,我们都有马驹儿。我妹妹有,我表亲有……请问,有什么问题吗?
JERRY: Nothing. Nothing at all. I was just merely expressting..
杰瑞:没有……一点儿没有。我只是稍微说说……
HELEN: Should we have coffee? Who's having coffee?
海伦:我们是不是该来点咖啡啦?谁要咖啡?
MANYA: He was a beautiful pony! And I loved him.
曼雅:那是匹漂亮的马驹儿!我爱它!
JERRY: Well, I'm sure you did. Who wouldn't love a pony? Who wouldn't love a person that had a pony?
杰瑞:可不是吗,我肯定你是爱它的。有谁不爱一匹小马驹儿呢?谁会不爱有马驹儿的人呢?
MANYA: You! You said so!
曼雅:你!就是你自己说的!
JERRY: No, see, we didn't have ponies. I'm sure at the time in Poland, they were very common. They were probably like compact cars..
杰瑞:不,你看,我们没有马驹儿。我肯定在那时的波兰,这是很常见的。马驹儿就好像小型汽车一样。
MANYA: That's it! I've had enough! (She leaves the room)
曼雅:就这样啦!我受够了!(她离开房间)
ISAAC: Have your coffee, everyone. She's a little upset. It's been an emotional day.
伊萨克:喝你们的咖啡吧,朋友们。她有点不安,今天是个情绪化的日子呀。
(Isaac leaves, everyone looks at Jerry)
(伊萨克离开,人人看着杰瑞)
JERRY: I didn't know she had a pony. How was I to know she had a pony? Who figures an immigrant's going to have a pony? Do you know what the odds are on that? I mean, in all the pictures I saw of immigrants on boats coming into New York harbor, I never saw one of them sitting on a pony. Why would anybody come hre if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense.. am I wrong?
杰瑞:我又不知道她有过马驹儿。我怎么会知道这个呢?谁能猜到一个移民会去养匹马驹儿?你知道这几率有多小吗?我是说,在我所有看到的有关那些移民在轮船上进入纽约港的时候,我从未见过有一个人坐在马驹儿上的。如果那些人有马驹儿的话为什么要过来这里?谁会离开一个满是马驹儿的国度来到这个没有马驹儿的地方?这没有道理嘛……难道我错了吗?
(Scene ends)
[Setting: Jerry's apartment]
(场景:杰瑞家)
(Morty and Helen are leaving, their bags are packed)
(莫蒂和海伦正要离开,已经打包好)
JERRY: I'll drive you to the airport.
杰瑞:我送你们去机场吧。
HELEN: No, we're taking a cab.
海伦:不,我们打车去。
JERRY: I just hope that whole pony incident didn't put a damper on the trip.
杰瑞:我只是希望整个“马驹儿”事件不会让你们这次来访败兴而归。
HELEN: Don't be rediculous. It was a misunderstanding.
海伦:开玩笑吧你。这只是误会罢了。
MORTY: Hey, I agree with him. Nobody likes a kid with a pony.
莫蒂:嗨,我同意我小子。没人喜欢有马驹儿的孩子。
JERRY: Well, if you ever talk to her, tell her I'm sorry. Elaine too. She feels terrible.
杰瑞:那么,如果你们有机会的话,向她表示我的歉意。还有依莲的歉意,她也感觉很不好。
HELEN: You know, you should give Manya a call.
海伦:你知道嘛,你该给曼雅去个电话。
JERRY: Maybe I will.
杰瑞:我也许会的。
(Jerry opens his door, Kramer's standing in the hallway)
(杰瑞开门,克雷默站在过道)
KRAMER: Oh, hi. I just came to say goodbye. (Gestures to the bags) ..Need any help with those?
克雷默:哦,嗨,我只是来道别的。(示意那些包包)……需要帮忙不?
MORTY: It's nothing. I got it. So, how are your levels coming along?
莫蒂:用不着,我行。那么,你的台阶怎么样了?
KRAMER: Oh, well.. I decided I'm not gonna do it.
克雷默:哦,嗯……我决定不做了。
JERRY: (Sarcastically) Really? What a shock.
杰瑞:(讽刺的)真的?令人震惊啊!
HELEN: Goodbye, Jerry.
海伦:再见,杰瑞。
JERRY: Take care.
杰瑞:保重。
HELEN: We'll call you. (Leaves)
海伦:我们会给你电话的。(离开)
MORTY: Bye, Jer.
莫蒂:再见,小杰。
JERRY: Bye, Dad. Take it easy.
杰瑞:再见,老爸。放松点。
MORTY: Bye, Mr. Kramer.
莫蒂:再见,克雷默君。
KRAMER: Yeah. So long, Morty. (Morty leaves)
克雷默:嗯。再会了。莫蒂。(莫蒂离开)
JERRY: So, when do I get my dinner?
杰瑞:那么,啥时请我吃饭?
KRAMER: There's no dinner. The bet's off. I'm not gonna do it.
克雷默:哪来什么饭?赌局取消了,我不干啦。
JERRY: Yes. I know you're not gonna do it. That's why I bet.
杰瑞:我就猜到你不会做,这就是我打赌的原因。
KRAMER: There's not bet if I' not doing it.
克雷默:我不做的话哪来的赌局?
JERRY: That's the bet! That you're not doing it!
杰瑞:可这就是赌的内容啊!赌你不会做!
KRAMER: Yeah, well, I could do it. I don't want to do it.
克雷默:是啊,好吧,我可以做,我只是不想做。
JERRY: We didn't bet on if you wanted to. We bet on if it would be done.
杰瑞:我们赌的不是你“想不想”做。我们赌的是做没做。
KRAMER: And it could be done.
克雷默:这是可以做的啊。
JERRY: Well, of course it could be done! Anything could be done! But it only is done if it's done. Show me the levels! The bet is the levels.
杰瑞:好吧,这当然是可以做!任何事情都可以完成!但只有当它完成的时候才能叫做完!给我看看台阶啊!赌局是关于台阶的。
KRAMER: But I don't want the levels!
克雷默:可是我不想要台阶!
JERRY: That's the bet! (Phone rings, Jerry answers it) Hello? ..No, oh, hi.. no, they just left.. Oh my God.. hand on a second. Maybe I can still catch them. (Jerry goes over to the window, and opens it. He yells out of it) Ma!.. Ma!.. Up here! Don't get in the cab! .. Manya died! ..Manya died!!
杰瑞:这就是赌局!(电话铃响,杰瑞接听)喂?不,哦,嗨……不,他们刚走……额滴神……等到。可能我还能赶上他们。(杰瑞走到窗边,打开,乱吼)老妈!!!上来!别进出租车!……曼雅死了……曼雅死了!!
(Scene ends)
[Setting: Jerry's apartment]
(场景:杰瑞家)
HELEN: Who did you talk to?
海伦:你和谁说话呢?
JERRY: Uncle Leo.
杰瑞:里奥叔。
HELEN: And when's the funeral?
海伦:葬礼是几时?
JERRY: I don't know. He said he'd call back.
杰瑞:我不知道,他说他会再打过来。
MORTY: You know what this means, don't you? We lost the supersaver. Those tickets are non-refundable.
莫蒂:你知道这意味着啥不?那些机票是不能退票的。
HELEN: She just had a check-up. The doctor said she was fine. Unless..
海伦:她刚刚检查过,医生说她还好。除非……
JERRY: What?
杰瑞:什么?
HELEN: What? Nothing.
海伦:什么?没什么。
JERRY: You don't think.. What? The pony remark?
杰瑞:你不认为……什么?马驹儿??
HELEN: Oh, don't be ridiculous. She was an old woman.
海伦:哦,别搞笑啦。她是个老女人。
JERRY: You don't think that I killed her?
杰瑞:你不是认为我“杀”了她吧?
MORTY: You know what the flight back'll cost us?
莫蒂:你知道机票的价钱吧?
JERRY: It was just an innocent comment! I didn't know she had a pony!
杰瑞:这可太冤枉啦!我又不知道她有过马驹儿!
MORTY: Maybe we can get an army transport flight. They got a base in Sarasota, I think.
莫蒂:可能我们可以转搭军用运输机。他们在萨拉索塔有个基地。
JERRY: The whole thing ws taking out of context. It was a joke. (Phone rings) That's probably Uncle Leo.
杰瑞:整件事有点断章取义吧!这只是个笑话!(电话铃响)可能是里奥叔的。
(Helen picks it up)
(海伦接听)
HELEN: Hello? ..Yes, I know.. Well, it's just one of those things.. Sure, sure, we'll see you then. (Hangs up) The funeral's Wednesday.
海伦:喂?是,我知道……好,尽是些倒霉事儿……行,没问题,再见。(挂断)葬礼在周三。
JERRY: Wednesday? What, what Wednesday?
杰瑞:周三?什么?哪个周三?
HELEN: Two o' clock, Wednesday. (Jerry shrugs) What?
海伦:2点钟,周三。(杰瑞耸肩)什么?
JERRY: I've got the softball game on Wednesday. It's the championship.
杰瑞:我周三有垒球比赛。这可是冠军赛!
HELEN: So? You're not obligated. Go play in your game.
海伦:怎样?你没有义务要去的。你去比你的球吧。
JERRY: I didn't even know the woman.
杰瑞:我压根都不怎么认识这女人。
HELEN: So don't go.
海伦:那就甭去。
JERRY: I mean I met her three times. I don't know her last name.
杰瑞:我是说我见了她三次,连她姓啥都不知道。
HELEN: Jery, no one's forcing you.
海伦:杰瑞,没人逼你。
JERRY: I mean, who has a funeral on a Wednesday? That's what I want to know. I mean, it's the championship. I'm hitting everything.
杰瑞:我是说,谁会在周三安排葬礼?这是我想知道的。我是说,这是冠军赛,我可是超级主力。
HELEN: I don't have a dress to wear. (To Morty) And you. You don't have anything.
海伦:我没有可穿的衣服。(对莫蒂)你,你啥都没有。
MORTY: I got a sport jacket.
莫蒂:我有运动夹克。
HELEN: You're not wearing that to a funeral.
海伦:你可不能穿这个去葬礼啊。
MORTY: What's wrong with it?
莫蒂:这又有什么问题?
HELEN: It looks ridiculous.
海伦:这看起来很可笑。
MORTY: What? I'm gonna buy a new jacket now?
莫蒂:什么?我还得买件新夹克?
JERRY: I don't know what to do.
杰瑞:我不知道该怎么办。
MORTY: ..You know what this funeral's gonna wind up costing me? Oh boy!
莫蒂:……你知道这葬礼得压榨掉我多少银子不?天啊……
(Scene ends)
[Setting: Night club]
(场景:俱乐部)
JERRY: We don't understand death. And the proof of this is that we give dead people a pillow. And, uh, I mean, hey, you know. I think if you can't stretch out and get some solid rest at that point, I don't see how bedding accessories really make the difference. I mean, they got the guy in a suit with a pillow. No is he going to a meeting, or is he catching forty winks? I mean, let's make up our mind where we think they're going.
杰瑞:我们不了解死亡。不然我们为啥要给亡故的人们一个枕头呢?还有,嗨,我是说,你知道的,我认为如果你都翘辫子了还不能安安稳稳的睡上一觉,我也不觉得那些床上用品能改变什么。他们把死人打扮得体、放个枕头,他是要去开会呢还是要打个盹儿?我们还是先搞搞清楚他们要去哪儿吧……
(Scene ends)
[Setting: Coffee Shop]
(场景:咖啡馆)
ELAINE: I actually like ponies. I was just trying to make conversation. What time's your game?
依莲:我其实是喜欢马驹儿的。我只是想打开话匣子。你比赛几点?
JERRY: Two Forty-Five.
杰瑞:2点3刻。
ELAINE: And what time's the funeral?
依莲:葬礼的时间呢?
JERRY: Two o' clock.
杰瑞:2点。
ELAINE: How long does a funeral take?
依莲:一个葬礼要多久?
JERRY: Depends on how nice the person was. But you gotta figure, even Oswald took forty-five minutes.
杰瑞:取决于这个死人人品怎么样啦。但你想想,就连兔子奥斯瓦尔德(的葬礼)都花了45分钟。
ELAINE: So you cna't do both?
依莲:就是你肯定不能都参加啦?
JERRY: You know, if the situation were reversed and Manya had some mah-jongg championship or something, I wouldn't expect her to go to my funeral. I would understand.
杰瑞:哎呀,要是事情反过来,曼雅由于要参加类似麻将大赛之类的东西,我也不指望她来参加我的葬礼啊,我能理解的。
ELAINE: How can you even consider not going?
依莲:你居然会考虑不去?
GEORGE: You know, I've been thinking.. I cannot envision any circumstances in which I'll ever have the opportunity to have sex again. How's it gonna happen? I just don't see how it could occur.
乔治:你知道的,我曾想过……我无法想象我将失去交欢的机会。这怎么会发生的?我根本看不到这事情会发生。
ELAINE: You know, funerals always make me think about my own mortality and how I'm actually going to die someday. Me, dead. Imagine that.
依莲:你知道的,葬礼总是让我想到自己总是难免一死。我,死亡,难以想象。
GEORGE: They always make me take stock of my life and how I've pretty much wasted all of it, and how I plan to continue wasting it.
乔治:他们总是对我的人生评头论足,说我怎样荒废了我的人生、并且还将继续荒废下去。
JERRY: I know, and then you say to yourself, "From this moment on, I'm not going to waste any more of it." But then you go, "How? What can I do that's not wasting it?"
杰瑞:我知道,然后你就对自己说:“从此刻起,我将不再浪费我的生命”。可你又说:“怎样做呢?该怎么做才能不浪费生命呢?”
ELAINE: Is this a waste of time? What should we be doing? Can't you hae coffee with people?
依莲:这不是浪费时间嘛?我们该干什么呢?你难道连咖啡都不能喝了?
GEORGE: You know, I can't believe you're even considering not playing. We need you. You're hitting everything.
乔治:你知道的,我无法相信你居然会考虑不参加比赛。我们需要你,你可是超级球员。
ELAINE: He has to go. He may have killed her.
依莲:他必须去。要知道可能就是他“杀”了曼雅。
JERRY: Me? What about you? You brought up the pony.
杰瑞:我?你怎么不说自己?就是你提出的马驹儿话题。
ELAINE: Oh, yeah, but I didn't say I hated anyone who had one.
依莲:哦,是啊,不过我可没说我讨厌有马驹儿的人。
GEORGE: (To Jerry) Who's going to play left field?
乔治:(对杰瑞)谁将出任左外野手的位置?
JERRY: Bender.
杰瑞:本德。
GEORGE: Bender? He can't play left. He stinks. I just don't see what purpose is it going to serve your going? I mean, you think dead peole care who's at the funeral? They don't even know they're having a funeral. It's not like she's hanging out in the back going, "I can't believe Jerry didn't show up."
乔治:本德?他怎么能打左外野?他烂透了。我只是不明白你去(葬礼)又有什么意义呢?我是说,你认为亡故的人会在乎谁来他的葬礼吗?他们甚至都不知道自己会有个葬礼。你还以为她会漂浮在你身后说着,难以置信杰瑞居然没来。
ELAINE: Maybe she's there in spirit. How about that?
依莲:搞不好她的魂灵真的在哦!那会怎样?
GEORGE: If you're a spirit, and you can travel to other dimensions and galaxies, and find out the mysteries of the universe, you think she's going to want to hang around Drexler's funeral home on Ocean Parkway?
乔治:如果你是个魂灵的话,你可以去异次元空间或银河系旅行,去探索宇宙的奥秘,你认为她会无聊到去海洋街的德氏殡仪馆?
ELAINE: George, I met this woman! She is not traveling to any other dimensions.
依莲:乔治,我见过这个女人!她可不会去什么其他空间旅游!
GEORGE: You know how easy it is for dead people to travel? It's not like getting on a bus. One second. It's all mental.
乔治:你是不知道对死人来说旅行有多容易吗?这又不像要去坐巴士。分秒的事情。全是精神层面的。
JERRY: Fifty years they were married. Now he's moving to Pheonix.
杰瑞:他们结婚50年了,现在他要搬去凤凰城了。
ELAINE: Phoenix? What's happening with his appartment?
依莲:凤凰城?他的寓所怎么了?
JERRY: I don't know. They've been in there since, like, World War II. The rent's three hundred a month.
杰瑞:我不知道,他们貌似从二战起就住那儿了吧,租金可要300美金一个月。
ELAINE: Three hundred a month? Oh my God.
依莲:300?!?!?额滴神。
(Scene ends)
[Setting: Funeral home]
(场景:殡仪馆)
(The eulogy is in progress. Jerry attended afterall)
(悼词念叨中,杰瑞最终还是参加了)
MAN: Although this may seem like a sad even, it should not be a day of mourning.. for Manya had a rich, fulfilling life. She grew up in a different world - a simpler world - with loving parents, a beautiful home in the country, and from what I understand, she eve had a pony.. (Jerry throws his hands up) Oh, how she loved that pony. Even in her declining years, whenever she would speak of it, her eyes would light up. It's lustrous coat, it's flowing mane. It was the pride of Krakow. (Jery sinks in his seat)
念悼词:尽管这看起来是个伤感的时刻,但别让今天变成悲痛的日子。因为曼雅的人生是丰富而圆满的。她在一个和我们不同的世界里长大——一个更简单的世界——有慈爱的父母,一个乡村里美丽的家,据我所知,她有过一匹马驹儿……(杰瑞崩溃了)哦,她很爱那马驹儿。即使在她风烛残年之际,每当谈起马驹儿,她都会眼里放光。有光泽的皮毛,光亮的鬃毛。它是克拉科夫的荣耀。(杰瑞陷在他的座位上)
(Scene ends)
[Setting: Anteroom of funeral parlor]
(场景:殡仪馆前厅)
JERRY: (Looking at his watch) Well, the game's starting just about now.
杰瑞:(看手表)瞧瞧,比赛正要开打。
HELEN: It was good that the two of you came. It was a nice gesture.
海伦:你们俩能过来真好。这才叫有礼貌。
(Scene cuts to Morty talking to an intern)
(莫蒂与实习医生聊天)
INTERN: I'm not a doctor yet, Uncle Morty. I'm just an intern. I can't write a note to an airline.
实习医生:我还不是医生呢,莫蒂叔。我只是实习的,我不能给航空公司写条子。
MORTY: You've got your degree. They don't care. They just want to see something.
莫蒂:你有你的学历啊。他们才不在乎呢。他们只是想看到点什么东西。
(Scene cuts back to Jerry)
JERRY: (To Isaac) I just wanted to say how sorry I was..
杰瑞:(对伊萨克)我只想说我万分抱歉……
LEO: (Interrupting) Jerry, you wanna hear something? Your cousin, Jeffrey, is switching parks. They're transferring him to Riverside - so he'll completely revamp that operation, you understand? He'll do in Riverside what he did in Central Park. It's more money. So, that's your cousin.
里奥:(打断)杰瑞,你想听听我的意见吗?你的表弟,杰弗瑞,要换公园了。他们要调他去河畔——他就能整个的改进那个行动了,你了解吗?他会将他在中央公园的行为带到河畔区。更多钱,所以了,这就是你的表弟。
(Scene cuts back to Morty)
MORTY: You don't understand, I've never paid a full fare.
莫蒂:你不理解,我从没付过全额。
JERRY: (To Isaac) Once again, I just want to say how sorry I am abou tthe other night.
杰瑞:(对伊萨克)对那天晚上的事情我表示再次的歉意。
ELAINE: Oh, me too.
依莲:哦,我也是。
ISAAC: Oh no, no, no. She forgot all about that. She was much mor upset about the potato salad.
伊萨克:哦,别,别。她早忘了那些,她对土豆沙拉都要更心烦意乱一点呢。
ELAINE: So, I understand you're moving to Phoenix?
依莲:那么,你要搬去凤凰城是因为?
(Jerry shake his head and walks away)
(杰瑞摇摇手、离开)
ISAAC: Yeah, my brother lives there. I think Manya would've liked Phoenix.
伊萨克:是啊,我兄弟住那儿。我想曼雅可能会喜欢凤凰城的。
ELAINE: Mmm.. gorgeous, exquisite town. Who, what's happening with your apartment?
依莲:嗯……美丽、精致的地方。那你的公寓怎样啦?
ISAAC: Of course it's very hot there. I'l lhave to get an air conditioner.
伊萨克:当然啦,那里很热。我得配台空调。
ELAINE: Oh, you can have mine. I'll ship it out ot you.. but what about that big apartment on West End Avenue?
依莲:哦,你把我的拿去吧。我会把空调给你运过去。那你西街的豪宅怎么处理?
ISAAC: Although they say it's a dry heat.
伊萨克:尽管人们都说是干热。
ELAINE: Dry, wet.. what's happening with your apartment?
依莲:干燥,潮湿……你的公寓到底怎样了嘛?
ISAAC: I don't even know if I should take my winter clothing.
伊萨克:我都不知道我是否需要带我的冬装过去。
ELAINE: I have an idea. Leave the winter clothing in the apartment, and I'll watch it for you and I'll live there and I'll make sure that nothing happens to it.
依莲:我有个主意,把冬装留在这儿的公寓里,我会替你看着的,我会住在你的公寓、确保万无一失的。
(Jerry comes back)
ISAAC: Oh, the apartment. Jeffrey's taking the apartment.
伊萨克:哦,公寓,杰弗瑞会住这公寓。
ELAINE: (to Jerry) Oh, Jeffrey.
依莲:(对杰瑞)哦,杰弗瑞。
JERRY: (To Elaine) You know Jeffery?
杰瑞:(对依莲)你认识杰弗瑞?
ELAINE: Yeah, from what I understand, he works for the Parks Department.
依莲:是啊,据我所知,他在公园管理处工作。
(Helen approaches Jerry)
HELEN: It's raining.
海伦:在下雨呢。
JERRY: (Moves to the window) It's raining? It's raining. The game will be postponed. We'll play tomarrow.
杰瑞:(到窗口)下雨了?嗯,是在下雨。比赛应该延迟了,我们明天再打。
(Scene cuts back to Morty)
MORTY: Believe me, I wouldn't bother you if the army hadn't closed that base in Sarasota. Here, scribble a little something here.
莫蒂:相信我,要不是军方关闭了萨拉索塔基地,我才不会来麻烦你呢。就随便写点什么嘛。
INTERN: I can't. I'll get in trouble.
实习医生:不行,我会有麻烦的。
MORTY: Oh, for God's sakes!
莫蒂:哦。看在上帝的份上!行行好吧!
(Scene ends)
[Setting: Coffee Shop]
(场景:咖啡馆)
GEORGE: Who gets picked off in softball? It's unheard of.
乔治:有谁在垒球比赛中被截杀出局的?从没听说过。
JERRY: It's never happend to me before.
杰瑞:我也从未遇到过。
ELAINE: I remember saying to myself, "Why is Jerry so far off the base?"
依莲:我对自己说,“为什么杰瑞离垒包那么远?”
JERRY: I'll have to live with this shame for the rest of my life.
杰瑞:这个臭名将伴随我的余生了。
GEORGE: And they in the fifth inning, why did you take off on the pop fly?
乔治:在第五局的时候,你为什么要对那个高飞球作出反应啊?
JERRY: I thought there were two outs.
杰瑞:我以为只有两个出局的。
ELAINE: I couldn't believe it when I saw you running. I thought maybe they had changed the rules or something.
依莲:看到你跑的时候我都不敢相信。我还以为是他们更改了规则啥的呢。
JERRY: It was the single worst moment of my life.
杰瑞:这是我有生以来最差的一刻。
GEORGE: What about Sharon Besser?
乔治:莎朗.贝斯儿的事情怎么算?
JERRY: Oh, well, of course. 1973.
杰瑞:哦,好吧,当然,1973.
ELAINE: Makes you wonder, though, doesn't it?
依莲:让你很惊异对吧?呵呵
JERRY: Wonder about what?
杰瑞:惊异什么?
ELAINE: You know.. the spirit world.
依莲:你知道的呀……魂灵的世界……
JERRY: You think Manya showed up during the game and put a hex on me?
杰瑞:你认为难不成曼雅出现在比赛中,给我来了那么一下子?
ELAINE: I never saw anyone play like that.
依莲:我从没见过有人像你这次这么打球的。
JERRY: But I went ot the funeral.
杰瑞:可是我去了葬礼呀。
ELAINE: Yeah, but that doesn't make up for killing her.
依莲:是,可是那并不能弥补你杀了她的罪错啊。
GEORGE: Maybe Manya missed the funeral because she was off visiting another galaxy that day.
乔治:可能曼雅并没有“出席”葬礼,她在那天去另一个银河系旅游了。
JERRY: Don't you think she would've heard I was there?
杰瑞:你认为她就没有“听说”我去葬礼啦?
GEORGE: Not necessarily. (Elaine laughs)
乔治:那可不一定。(依莲笑)
JERRY: Who figures and immigrant's gonna have a pony?
杰瑞:谁曾料想一个移民会有马驹儿。
(Scene ends)
[Setting: Night Club]
(场景:俱乐部)
JERRY: What is the pony? What is the point of the pony? Why do we have these animals, these ponies? What do we do with them? Besides the pony ride. Why ponies? What are we doing with them? I mean, police don't use them for, you know, crowd control. "Hey, uh, you wanna get back behind the barricades. Hey! Hey, little boy. Yeah, I'm talking to you. Behind the barricades!" So somebody, I assume, genetically engineered these ponies. Do you think they could make them any size? I mean, could they make them like the size of a quarter, if they wanted? That would be fun for Monopoly, though, wouldn't it? Just have a little pony and you put him on the, "Baltic, that's two down, go ahead. Hold it. Right ther, Baltic. yeah, that's it. Fine. Right there, hold it right there."
杰瑞:马驹儿是什么东东?马驹儿有什么特殊意义?我们为什么要拥有这些动物,马驹儿?我们拿它们干什么?除了骑以外。为什么是马驹儿?我们在用它们做什么?我是说,警察不用马驹儿来维持秩序。“嗨,你最好到路障后面去!嗨!嗨,小朋友!是,说你呢!路障后头!”然后某些人,我假设,从基因上改造了这些马驹儿。你认为他们可以把马驹儿的“尺寸”变一下,比如搞成和个硬币一样大小,如果他们愿意的话?那玩起强手棋来就有意思了,可不是嘛?拿起一个“小马驹儿”,放在上头,“巴尔蒂克,走2步,走着,停,就停那儿,巴尔蒂克,是啊,就这样。很好。就这样,停那儿。
END OF SHOW.

评论

请稍候...
很抱歉,您输入的评论太长。请缩短您的评论。
您没有输入任何内容,请重试。
很抱歉,我们当前无法添加您的评论。请稍后重试。
若要添加评论,需要您的家长授予您相应权限。请求权限
您的家长禁用了评论功能。
很抱歉,我们当前无法删除您的评论。请稍后重试。
您已超过了一天之内允许提供的评论数上限。请在 24 小时后重试。
因为我们的系统表明您可能在向其他用户提供垃圾评论,您的帐户已禁用了评论功能。如果您认为我们错误地禁用了您的帐户,请联系 Windows Live 支持部门
完成下面的安全检查,您提供评论的过程才能完成。
您在安全检查中键入的字符必须与图片或音频中的字符一致。
YoungSteve 在此页禁用了评论功能。

引用通告

此日志的引用通告 URL 是:
http://yangwenzhan.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!3C2466DAEEBCFDD4!876.trak
引用此项的网络日志